A hand-numbered edition (40 total) of our 2016 calendar, autographed by the creator, Scott Fybush. This version comes with a resealable polyethylene bag, to store the calendar after the year is over.
This year’s photos:
- WWV and WWVB, the National Bureau of Standards’ Fort Collins, Colorado site.
- WIOD in Miami, the “Wonderful Isle of Dreams,” which signed on in 1926.
- WBTA in Batavia, New York, one of the last pre-World War II AM stations.
- A Grimsby, Ontario tower farm overlooking Lake Ontario and the Queen Elizabeth Way.
- South Mountain, home of Phoenix’s TV and most of its FM stations.
- WAKR, the voice of Akron, Ohio since 1940.
- The former Blaw-Knox site of KWAC, Bakersfield, California, which turns 60 this year.
- KSGF, Springfield, Missouri, a former mobile AM station.
- Atlantic City’s broadcast towers off US 30, including the “World’s Play Ground” WPG.
- The former WBZA, Springfield, Massachusetts, which was demolished in 2011.
- WABC in Lodi, New Jersey, by the Satin Doll, used as the “Bada Bing” in The Sopranos.
- WYSB, Rutland, Vermont, a fixture since the late 1950s.
- The Empire State Building, home to nearly all of New York City’s FM and TV signals.